Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tigers!

Hello!

Today I took a lovely hike into the mountains surrounding Gharmi. I saw lots of deer, and many mountain goats. But then the craziest thing happened! I was walking along the trail, entranced by the beauty, and then I saw a tiger run across the path ahead of me!! My guide told me to stay still--we didn't want her to think that we were food if we ran! Sadly, I didn't get a picture. That's okay though. If I had gotten close enough to get a picture, it probably would have been really dangerous!
It makes me really sad that people hunt these beautiful creatures. Yes they are dangerous, but mostly it's only because they are provoked. There have been cases of man-eating tigers, and that is very sad. But hunting tigers for sport just seems so cruel!!
We should work to protect the tigers!

~Grace

http://www.travelndestinations.com/images/hills_tiger01.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment