Thursday, April 7, 2011

Airport Post!

Hey!
I know I said I would blog from my next stop, but I am waiting in the airport in Houston for my flight to New Delhi and I am SO BORED. My flight has been delayed two hours! From New Delhi I fly to Kathmandu in Nepal. I guess I will be getting there late! So to pass time, I have decided to tell you about the rest of my adventures in Grand Cayman!


Grand Cayman is one of the best snorkeling places in the Caribbean, so I did a lot of that. It was so much fun!!! The schools of fish were absolutely beautiful, and the coral was amazing.






           http://desktopnature.com/12442/School+of+Tropical+Fish_+Tahiti.jpg





http://www.caymanactivityguide.com/
Watersports/SnorkelParrotE.jpg






 I even saw a stingray! I swam down next to it and got a picture taken of me and it (of course I didn't touch it!!!).


http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayC.JPG



Speaking of touching stingrays, they have this place called Stingray City there. Basically, a while ago when that area was a big fishing area, the fishermen would through the excess fish stuff back into the ocean, so the stingrays would go there to eat. They have gotten used to going there over the years, so now you can go and hold them! The ones that come there are very tame. They aren't kept in captivity, they come there by free will. I went to a place just like it, but it was a sandbar. It was so cool! Then I went snorkeling again right after at a nearby reef.
I'm really excited to go to the Himalayas next! It will be such a change of scenery from this island, but I'm sure it will be gorgeous.

I will post again when I get there!
~Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment